The laws regulating employers and employees are vast and constantly evolving. Our firm regularly litigates employer/employee disputes of all kinds, including: wrongful termination; wage and hour class actions; employee non-competition, non-solicitation and trade secret agreements; discrimination and harassment claims; and workers compensation issues. We have particular experience negotiating and litigating executive compensation and severance agreements.
- Successfully settled multiple wage and hour class action lawsuits filed against a mortgage lending company controlled by HSBC which asserted claims for failure to pay overtime wages and failure to provide meal and rest periods
- Favorably settled wage and hour class action claims against Norms Restaurants following successful motion practice limiting the applicable statute of limitations and thereby becoming one of the first trial courts to rule on the issue
- Numerous C-Level officer representations in wrongful termination actions
- Advised international manufacturer of fiber cement products on the enforceability of its non-competition and non-disclosure agreements with its employees in various states, and assisted client in preparing new employment agreements
- Obtained complete settlement and dismissal of claims of trade secret and property theft brought by cosmetic industry company against former executive
- Drafted employee non-compete, non-solicitation, confidentiality and intellectual property assignment agreements
- Advised client on company’s classification of certain employees in connection with a complicated Department of Labor investigation
- Obtained complete dismissal without liability for company and newly hired executive in lawsuit alleging claims of breach of employment contract and misappropriation of radio frequency ID trade secret technology brought by executive’s former company
- Litigated and favorably settled wrongful termination and retaliation case brought by former employee against client Home Loan Center, Inc.
- Represented and obtained complete recovery for former employee of security alarm company in litigation against former employer for breach of stock repurchase agreement